On February 28, 2019, we celebrated one year of Supervised Consumption Services being open in Lethbridge. Since opening, there have been approximately 167,000 uses at our facility and we have responded to 1,625 medical emergencies.
ARCHES has provided over 8,000 referrals to health and social services throughout our community, including detox, treatment, primary health care and mental health support services. We have provided over 38,000 wrap around services on site including addiction counselling, cultural supports and activities, housing supports, Indigenous Recovery Coaching, Take Home Naloxone Kits and nursing services that include wound care, sexually transmitted infection and blood borne pathogen testing and treatment, Opioid Agonist Therapy and safer sex education.
To celebrate our success and challenges over past year, we asked our clients what ARCHES and Supervised Consumption Services mean to them and here is what they had to say.
Our clinic has re-opened! A Registered Nurse is able to provide the following services:
- STI testing
- Blood Borne Pathogen testing (HIV, Hepatitis A, B, and C)
- Safer sex education
- Pregnancy testing
- Vein care
- Wound care
- Basic lab work
- Referrals to other health care practitioners
- Referrals to Methadone and Suboxone programs
Hours are Monday to Friday from 8:30AM-12:00PM and from 1:00PM to 4:30PM
The clinic can be accessed through the North doors at 1016 1 Ave South
Our Registered Nurse can also be reached at 403-328-8186 ext. 5710
Join us to celebrate World AIDS Day Tuesday, December 1, 2015. Candlelight Vigil and Wear it Red Movie Night featuring the Normal Heart at the Movie Mill. Candlelight Vigil will be held at the park beside the Movie Mill at 7:00pm. Please meet in front of the Movie Mill and we will walk over for the vigil. Movie to follow.
1-800-772-2437 (24 hrs. Toll-Free)
Sexual Health Centre
Chinook Health Region
- 2019 Condom Couture Fashion FundraiserOctober 9, 2019 - 12:04 pm
- ARCHES Report to Mayor and City CouncilAugust 23, 2019 - 3:30 pm
- Supervised Consumption Services One YearMarch 13, 2019 - 10:41 am
- ARCHES Clinic Now OpenJanuary 9, 2019 - 11:48 am
- Alberta Announces Coverage For HIV Prevention Drug PrEP Starting Oct. 1September 12, 2018 - 1:45 pm